Many people believe that you have to be wealthy or have a mansion with a wine cellar before you can have a built-in wine cooler. Nothing can be farther from the truth.
A built-in wine cooler is affordable, and available to all people, no matter what size home you have, or what budget you are working with.
Top Pick for Best Built-in Wine Cooler Reviews
I read all of the best built-in wine cooler reviews that I could find, and then I started researching these items myself. I wanted to know the features that were common on these appliances, and what those features meant for the average owner. I wanted an honest opinion of which one of these items to buy, and I wanted someone to tell me why they chose that particular built in wine fridge.
I did not find the information I was looking for concerning these refrigeration units, so I researched them and came up with my own list of built-in cooling systems to store, and preserve, wine in. I hope this list helps you to narrow your selection.
In A Hurry? This Is The Best:
- FITS IN SMALL SPACES & BIG CAPACITY: Cooler is Only 12” Wide, So It Fits Virtually Anywhere in Any Size Home. The Unit Could Hold 18 Bottles of Your Favorite Wine in Different Size, and is Only Affected When Having Larger Bottle, Like Pinot or Champagne. It's the Perfect Choice for the Wine Lover Having Various Wine Collection.
- EASY TO OPERATE: One Touch Single Zone Temperature Control Sets Thermostat 40-66°F Precisely Where You Need It for Perfect Chilling of Most Wines.
- ATTRACTIVE DESIGN: Frost-Free Stainless Steel Door and Handle with Double Layered Tempered Glass Window and Sliding Beech Wooden Racks So Your Wine is Beautifully Showcased.
- PROTECTION FEATURES: Embedded Carbon Filter Protects Against Odors, so Your Wine is in Perfect Condition.
- TEMPERATURE MEMORY FUNCTION: Restore the set temperature in the cooler after it is back on from power lost, which keeps your wine collection from going bad with increasing temperature. Any further information needed before purchasing, you could contact us at email@example.com or call 866-554-6688.
You can have the perfect wine cooler even if you only have a small amount of space for a unit. This particular built in wine refrigerator holds eighteen bottles of wine, and is only twelve inches wide.
The temperature controls on this device allow you to easily set the temperature so that your bottled beverages are kept as cold, or warm, as you like them. The internal temperature of this machine is perfectly maintained because of the advanced technology used in the creation of the unit compressor.
According to popular opinion, you want a built-in wine refrigerator that vibrates as little as possible. When the appliances vibrate they allow the sediment in the wine bottle to be stirred up, and that is not good for the wine. This line of refrigeration appliances has a very low noise level, and the vibration created by the motor, and compressor, of the unit is very low. You will not have to be concerned about sediment in your bottles being disturbed. You will also not have to worry that the appliance makes while running will disturb you, even if you live in a small apartment.
NewAir AWR-460DB 46 Bottle Built in Dual Zone Compressor Wine Cooler, Stainless Steel & Black
- The clever design of this wine fridge optimizes the interior storage...
- Wine Cooler has enough storage space for nearly four cases of wine
- It is designed to slide in between standard base cabinets
- Color: Black Stainless Steel
- Made in China
One of the outstanding features in this built in wine cooler is the dual zone compressor. This dual zone compressor allows the built in beverage cooler to maintain one temperature in the top section of the cabinet, and another temperature in the bottom of the cabinet. Red wines, and white wines, are best served at different temperatures. The dual temperature zone provided by this cooling unit will insure that your wines are the right temperature.
The most frequently read reviews tell us that having storage cabinets for bottles of wine, with wooden shelves, will help to protect the bottles, while they hold them securely in place. Another great feature of this mini-fridge is the locking doors. You will not have to worry about a child accidentally being exposed to the alcohol content in the bottles of wine, because you will be able to lock the doors, and protect the child, and the wine.
This beautiful appliance is capable of holding forty six bottles of wine at one time. That will give you ample of room to have a good supply of your favorite red wines, and white wines. It will also allow you to take advantage of sales, and to have a few special bottles chilled in the fridge for special occasions.
EdgeStar 30 Bottle Built-In Wine Cooler – Stainless Steel/Black
- Normal Racking: 1 bottle on top shelf and 4 bottles per full size...
- Internal fan to evenly circulate air; Auto defrost; Built-in carbon...
- Black dotted door tinting; Blue interior LED lighting; Reversible...
- Undercounter or freestanding application; Rubber bushing absorbs...
- For a dual zone version of this model please see CWR262DZ
One of the features of this built in wine cooler is the specially designed racks that allow you to reverse how you store your bottles. Some of the reviews I have read about these units told me that I should be storing my bottles of wine with the neck of the bottle facing the door of the refrigerator. Some of the reviews said that I should be storing the wine bottle with the neck of the bottle facing away from the door. This refrigeration system allows you to store the bottles either way, and if you turn one bottle with the neck facing the door, and the next bottle with the neck facing away from the door, in an alternating pattern, you will be able to store one more bottle of wine on each shelf.
This is a single zone appliance, but you have the option of ordering a dual zone version from the manufacturer. The glass door of this item is made of double paned tempered glass so the refrigerated compartment can maintain a perfect temperature. The LED interior light does not change the internal temperature like old fashioned incandescent lighting did.
Kalamera 15 Inch Wine Refrigerator 30 Bottle Built-in Single Zone with Touch Control
- 30-BOTTLE CAPACITY: 30-BOTTLE CAPACITY: Holds up to 30 bottles of your...
- DOUBLE-LAYERED TEMPERED GLASS DOOR: Stainless steel frame and 2 layers...
- TEMPERATURE MEMORY FUNCTION: Restore the set temperature in the cooler...
- SINGLE ZONE/ONE-TOUCH CONTROL: LED control display makes it easy to...
- VERSATILE INSTALLATION: Takes just 14.9 x 33.9 x 22.4 inches of space...
One of the best things about this cooler is how versatile it is. The appliance can be mounted beneath your countertop, or it can stand freestanding. That means you have the choice of how, and where, to place this unit in your home.
If you have read any of the best built in wine cooler reviews then you know some of the features you want your built in wine refrigerator to have. This device has great features that will make life more enjoyable for you. It is a frost free appliance so it is easy to maintain. It sports a gray colored glass door to help filter the harmful light rays. It has sliding racks made of beech wood to hold the bottles of wine in place.
One of the best features of the unit is a compressor that was designed to be a low vibrating, and low noise producing. Your wine will not have the sediment stirred up in it. The cabinet measures only fifteen inches wide, so it is compatible in small spaces. It holds thirty bottles of wine, and has a one touch temperature control pad.
Whynter BWR-18SD 18 Bottle Built-In Wine Refrigerator
- Measures: 23" Long x 12" Wide x 34.5" High
- Capacity: 19 standard 750ml wine bottles
- Tempered double pane gray-smoked glass for enhanced UV protection with...
- Digital LED temperature control with temperature range from 40ºF -...
- Powerful fan-circulated compressor cooling ensures even temperature...
All of the built in wine cooler reviews will agree that you want a built in wine cooler that has a door capable of filtering out the harmful ultra violet rays of the sun. This built in wine refrigerator has a gray colored glass door that blocks those ultra violet rays, and still allows you to be able to see inside the unit.
The internal temperature of this mini-fridge is maintained with forced air circulation provided by a fan motor. The fan keeps the cool air moving around your bottles of wine to maintain them at the precise temperature you have chosen. The digital LED temperature display on the front of the will let you know exactly what the temperature inside your appliance is.
The storage capacity inside the cabinet is sufficient to accommodate nineteen bottles of your favorite wine. The temperature can be set anywhere from forty degrees to sixty five degrees, so you can chill reds or white wines. The device also has a security key that allows you to lock the door, and keep any unauthorized person from removing a bottle of your favorite wine. That makes this a good appliance to have in a shared apartment, or a shared office setting.
EdgeStar 36 Bottle Built-In Dual Zone French Door Wine Cooler – Black/Stainless Steel
- Capacity: 36 standard 750 mL wine bottles; Built-in or freestanding...
- French door layout w/ black dot matrix tempered glass; Black cabinet...
- Door lock on each door; Large matching stainless steel handles;...
- 10 full depth, slide-out stainless steel-trimmed wood shelves; Two (2)...
- PLEASE NOTE: Delivery will be curbside, inside delivery is not...
The dual zone temperature control of this built in beverage cooler allows you to keep both your favorite red wine, and your favorite white wine, in the same refrigeration unit. Many people have two of these cooling boxes in their homes so they can have their white wines chilled to a lower temperature than their red wines are kept at.
Each door of the system has a separate lock, and key. If you share an apartment with a roommate and they like red wine, and you like white wine, then you can both store your wine in this chilled environment, and know that you are the only one with access to your fruity beverage.
I like the inclusion of the wooden shelves that are trimmed in stainless steel to make them stronger. The stainless steel trimming also makes it easier to wipe fingerprints from the shelves, and makes the entire unit look modernized. You will have ten shelves in the cabinet that slide into the appliance to the full depth, and two shelves that only slide into the appliance partially.
You do not have to worry about the amount of noise this device will emit while it is running. The cooling system is quiet, and the motor does not cause the cabinet to be vibrated so the wine remains undisturbed.
Haier HVCE 15BBH Built-In or Freestanding 26-Bottle Wine Cellar
- 12-bottle wine cellar; dual zone, double door compartments allow for2...
- Dual fan system with individual thermoelectric cooling units for each...
- Touchpad manually adjusts temperature using +/- with a range of 39°f...
- Soft interior lighting with on/off control for individual zones; 6...
- Double-pane, tinted viewing window; limited 3-year warranty
If you are unsure whether you have the room to install a built in appliance you might want to consider this wine cellar from Haier because it can be used as a built in wine cooler or freestanding cabinet. It has vents on the bottom that blow the vented air out the front so it can be placed under a cabinet.
It is attractive, easy to maintain, and designed for convenience. Many people find that when they remove their old garbage disposal units one of these devices will fill the void left by the missing appliance.
Five handy storage racks give you ample room to store your wine selections, while the elegant design of black, and stainless steel, make this a cooling system that will fit into any room décor.
You will have the storage room for twenty six bottles of your favorite wine. The wine is stored on its side so the corks never dry out.
The electronic temperature control makes it easy to see what the temperature is inside the system, and the one touch buttons make it very easy to set the temperature to another level.
EdgeStare 24 Inch Built-In Wine and Beverage Cooler
- Double paned, tempered glass doors; Built-in capable; Touch panel...
- Safety lock; Air-cooled technology; ADA compliant; Adjustable leveling...
- Black cabinet & stainless steel trim; Five (5) wood shelves & three...
- Left zone capacity: 17 standard 750 mL wine bottles, Temperature range...
- PLEASE NOTE: Delivery will be curbside, inside delivery is not...
The reversible door makes it possible for you to place this built in wine cooler anywhere in your home that you want it to be. The reversible door makes this a more versatile appliance because it stops you from blocking a walkway when you open the door to the mini refrigeration system.
Inside the cabinet there is a temperature range between thirty six degrees, and seventy two degrees
The glass doors are fashioned from two panes of glass that have air trapped between them to make them insulate more efficiently. The glass used to construct the doors is tempered so it is hard to break, and will shatter into small pieces that are less likely to injure someone if it does break.
This beverage center is perfect for people who want to store beverages other than just wine. You can easily store cans of soda, or beer, on the upper shelves, and bottles of wine, on the lower shelves. That makes this refrigerator an excellent choice to put in a family gaming room, or den. You can keep it under your wet bar, and always have chilled soda for making mixed drinks, or for serving to people who prefer a nonalcoholic beverage.
EdgeStar 18 Bottle Built-In Wine Cooler – Black/Stainless
- Temperature Range: 40-65º F; Digital temperature control w/ blue LED...
- Built-in or freestanding installation; Reversible tempered glass door;...
- Blue internal LED lighting; Black dot matrix protection on glass;...
- Carbon filter included; Frost-free; Capacity: 18 standard 750 mL wine...
- Dimensions: 34 1/4" H x 11 5/8" W x 22 5/8" D
The EdgeStar 18 bottle built in wine cooler does not have colored glass doors to block the infiltration of ultra violet light. Instead it has black dot matrix doors. The glass panels used to create the doors on this cooling cabinet have tiny black dots incorporated in it to diffuse the ultra violet light. The result is a container that is easier to see inside of.
The ultra slim design makes this a perfect for people who live in small spaces, or people who want to add a cooling unit, and do not have a lot of space to allot to the appliance.
You do not have to place this cooler under a countertop. It can be used as a freestanding wine cooler if you do not have a cabinet you wish to mount the unit under. This makes the Edgestar 18 bottle built in wine cooler perfect for dorm rooms, or rented apartments. You do not have to make any changes to the place where you live in order to install the appliance. It is small so you do not need a lot of room to have it, and it is priced affordably so most people can afford to have one.
EdgeStar 53 Bottle Built-In Wine Cooler – Stainless Steel/Black
- Slide-out, wood-trimmed wire shelves; Tinted glass door; Reversible...
- Undercounter or freestanding application; Single temperature zone
- Blue interior LED lighting; Flat faced stainless steel handle;...
- For a dual zone version of this model please see CWR461DZ; Replaceable...
- PLEASE NOTE: Delivery will be curbside, inside delivery is not...
The slide out wood trimmed wire shelves in the EdgeStar fifty three bottle built in wine cooler are easier to clean than the wooden shelves. These slides out shelves in this system do have wooden trim on the edges to give them the elegant look, but then they have metal shelves that are easy to wipe clean.
The carbon filter in this refrigeration device is removable, and easy to replace. The carbon filter helps to keep foul odors from forming inside. These odors often occur when the cooler sits for long periods of time without being opened, so the air becomes stale, and it can form an odor.
The EdgeStare unit has blue LED lighting on the interior so you can see to read the label on your wine bottles, but the light bulbs do not increase the temperature inside the appliance. This is important if you want to maintain a certain temperature inside the unit. There is a digital display to show you the exact temperature. This temperature should always be visible on display unless you are adjusting it.
Built in Wine Cooler VS Under-counter Wine Cooler
If you have been considering getting a wine cooler then you might have been trying to decide whether you should get a built in wine cooler or an under the counter cooler. There are plenty of similarities in these two items, but there are a few differences that might help you decide which one is right for your home.
Built in wine coolers have air ventilation on the front of the built in beverage cooler so that the air can flow properly around the appliance. An appliance like this one will need proper air flow, and ventilation, in order to function properly.
A built in wine refrigerator is not freestanding. It will have to be attached to the counter top or to the wall behind it. The under the counter versions are freestanding and can actually stand under a counter or on top of a counter, depending on the space you have available.
A built in styled unit may not be suitable if you are renting the place you live in. The built in versions are more permanent than the under the counter varieties that are freestanding. You want to make sure that your landlord approves the installation of the device before you install one.
A built in version may have to be hard wired to receive electricity. An under the counter variety, will have a plug and cord attached, so it can be plugged into the nearest electrical outlet. Make sure that the item you are buying is the one that you will be able to install without hiring an electrical contractor.
The sizes of these items are comparable. You can get built in cabinets that are as small as twelve inches wide, and you can get the freestanding versions that are about the same size. The only difference would be if you wanted to create an entire room to be your built in space.
If you are renting the home you live in a built in wine cooler may not be the option. In rental units you may not want to do anything that would alter the state of the apartment. If you are renting you might want to consider purchasing a beverage cooler that is freestanding, and requires no hardwiring, or permanent installation techniques.
- 1 Top Pick for Best Built-in Wine Cooler Reviews
- 1.1 In A Hurry? This Is The Best:
- 1.2 NewAir AWR-460DB 46 Bottle Built in Dual Zone Compressor Wine Cooler, Stainless Steel & Black
- 1.3 EdgeStar 30 Bottle Built-In Wine Cooler – Stainless Steel/Black
- 1.4 Kalamera 15 Inch Wine Refrigerator 30 Bottle Built-in Single Zone with Touch Control
- 1.5 Whynter BWR-18SD 18 Bottle Built-In Wine Refrigerator
- 1.6 EdgeStar 36 Bottle Built-In Dual Zone French Door Wine Cooler – Black/Stainless Steel
- 1.7 Haier HVCE 15BBH Built-In or Freestanding 26-Bottle Wine Cellar
- 1.8 EdgeStare 24 Inch Built-In Wine and Beverage Cooler
- 1.9 EdgeStar 18 Bottle Built-In Wine Cooler – Black/Stainless
- 1.10 EdgeStar 53 Bottle Built-In Wine Cooler – Stainless Steel/Black
- 2 Built in Wine Cooler VS Under-counter Wine Cooler
- 3 Final Notes